Jazz saxophonist and composer Darryl Yokley pays homage to Russian composer Modest Mussorgsky on his project, ‘Pictures at an African Exhibition’. Mussorgsky’s inspiration for “Pictures at an Exhibition” came from artist Viktor Hartmann. For this project, Yokley collaborated with artist David Emmanuel Noel for this similarly titled work. Almost five years since studio recording and three years since the album’s release, Darryl Yokley speaks to his Sound Reformation colleagues Zaccai Curtis, Luques Curtis, Wayne Smith Jr, and guest David Emmanuel Noel regarding the project. The album also features Nasheet Waits and a wind ensemble.
- Lainie Cooke’s Album, “Happy Madness” on Occhimag! August 28, 2022
- Bambula receives attention from ‘Making A Scene’ June 1, 2022
- Alex “Apolo” Ayala: Bambula in UK VIBE.ORG! May 28, 2022
- Bambula receives praise from Jazz Journal!!! May 26, 2022
- Melange in ShepherdExpress.com May 15, 2022